NCCIH Facts-at-a-Glance and Mission
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) is the Federal Government's lead agency for scientific research on complementary and integrative health approaches. We are 1 of the 27 institutes and centers that make up the National Institutes of Health (NIH) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Our Strategic Framework
NCCIH's programs and organization are based on a strategic framework with three scientific and two cross-cutting objectives.
- Advance fundamental science and methods development.
- Improve care for hard-to-manage symptoms.
- Foster health promotion and disease prevention.
- Enhance the complementary and integrative health research workforce.
- Disseminate objective evidence-based information on complementary and integrative health interventions.