Application Deadline: August 01, 2020
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
Division of Intramural Research
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is hiring a Research Nurse for the NIH Pain Research Center.
The Research Nurse will work on pain-related studies within the NIH Pain Research Center and act as a contact person for collaborative studies within the center.
Specific tasks include:
- Recruit and follow patients for clinical research studies on chronic pain.
- Interview patients to obtain medical history and complete questionnaires.
- Perform protocol activities such as pain-related sensory testing, study drug administration, data collection and submission, patient counseling, and nursing assessment.
- Coordinate and ensure the collection of specimens when needed for studies.
- Follow up on patients throughout the study to schedule procedures, follow-up examination, transportation, and admissions.
- Counsel patients regarding the potential risks of clinical research and obtain informed consent.
- Interpret clinical data in terms that may be understood by patients.
- Participate in recruitment and outreach activities and contribute to recruitment strategies through innovative ideas.
The successful candidate must have:
- Master’s degree in Nursing with current state nursing licensure.
- Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience with CPR certification.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send a cover letter, CV, and names of three references to Dr. M. Catherine Bushnell at email@example.com.
DHHS, NIH, and NCCIH are equal opportunity employers. Applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged. This position is subject to a background investigation.