Grant Application Resources
Investigators are encouraged to contact NCCIH Program Directors before submission of grant applications.
Links to policies, writing tips, deadlines, forms, and more.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients
- Who can apply for funding
Lists of organization requirements, eligible institutions, and more.
- Guidance for NCCIH application cover letters
- Grant-writing advice and sample applications
Useful websites to help you plan, write, and apply for a research project grant.
- Rigor and Reproducibility (NIH)
- Natural Product Integrity Policy
- Dissemination and Implementation Research: NCCIH Interests
- Electronic submission (NIH)
- Application forms and instructions (NIH)
- How your application is reviewed
Details and additional information about the NIH application review process.
- All About Grants Podcast (OER)
- Grantee Policies
- System of Award Management (SAM) Registration
Organizations must renew their SAM registration annually.
- Policy on Resubmission Applications (NIH)
Grant Applications Over $500,000
Frequently Asked Questions
These frequently asked questions documents are related to specific funding opportunity announcements.
- Frequently Asked Questions: HEAL Initiative—Developing Quantitative Imaging and Other Relevant Biomarkers of Myofascial Tissues for Clinical Pain Management (R61/R33, Clinical Trial Required); RFA-AT-22-003
- Frequently Asked Questions: HEAL Initiative: Sickle Cell Disease Pain Management Trials Utilizing the Pain Management Effectiveness Research Network Cooperative Agreement (UG3/UH3, Clinical Trial Required); RFA-AT-22-005
- Frequently Asked Questions: HEAL Initiative: Pragmatic and Implementation Studies for the Management of Sickle Cell Disease Pain (UG3/UH3, Clinical Trials Optional); RFA-AT-22-004
- Frequently Asked Questions: NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory—Pragmatic and Implementation Trials of Embedded Interventions (UG3/UH3, Clinical Trials Optional); RFA-AT-22-001
Clinical Research Resources
- NCCIH Clinical Trial Funding Opportunity Announcements
- NCCIH Clinical Research Toolbox
- Natural Product Clinical Trial Resource
Understand FDA Requirements for a clinical trial that will use a natural product