Pain is the most common reason for seeking medical care. It is also a common reason why people turn to complementary and integrative health approaches. If you are considering such an approach for pain, this information can help you talk with your health care provider.
NCCIH supports and conducts pain research at the NIH labs in Bethesda, Maryland and by funding research and grants around the country. We also provide information for both consumers and health professionals.
- How integrative health research tackles the pain management crisis: NIH centers and institutes work together to find new solutions (NIH MedlinePlus Magazine)
- NIH study broadens understanding of High Impact Chronic Pain in the US
- Using Twitter To Learn About Patient-Provider Communication on Pain
December 26, 2019
- Study Explores Clinical Management of New Cases of Musculoskeletal Pain
December 16, 2019
- Nerve Cells in Mouse GI Tract Defend Against Infection
December 3, 2019