Advisory Council Meets on February 5th
February 1, 2016
This week, on February 5th, the National Advisory Council for Complementary and Integrative Health will hold its first meeting of 2016. We always look forward to the great information, dialogue, and energy at our advisory council meetings.
The council meets three times per year and is charged with advising, consulting with, and making recommendations to the Center’s director on matters relating to NCCIH’s research activities and functions. Part of its role is the secondary review, in a closed session, of grant applications in light of NCCIH research priorities and program balance.
The open session often includes scientific presentations by staff and outside experts, and members of the public are welcome to attend. Speakers at the February meeting include:
- Council member Martin Blaser, M.D., Singer Professor of Medicine and Professor of Microbiology at New York University Langone Medical Center, whose topic is “Perturbing the Early Life Microbiome and Its Consequences;”
- Karin Lohman, Ph.D., Director of NCCIH's Office of Policy, Planning, and Evaluation, who will provide an update on the Center’s strategic plan;”
- Council member Helene M. Langevin, M.D., Professor in Residence of Medicine and Director of the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Harvard Medical School, who will join Partap Khalsa, Ph.D., D.C., Deputy Director of the NCCIH Division of Extramural Research, to present the NACCIH Working Group on Clinical Workforce Development Report;
- Dr. Briggs, who, as Interim Director of the Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program, will update the Council on progress and activities of the program;
- Catherine Meyers, M.D., Director of NCCIH’s Office of Clinical and Regulatory Affairs, whose topic is “NCCIH Support for Clinical Investigators;” and
- Robin Boineau, M.D., NCCIH Medical Officer, presenting a concept for clearance on a “Contribution of Sleep Disturbances to Chronic Pain” initiative.
Although NCCIH advisory council meetings are not videocast, meeting minutes are posted shortly after their review and approval at the following council meeting. We welcome you attend meetings in-person or review past meeting minutes to learn more about NCCIH's scientific program priorities.
- View the February 5, 2016 Advisory Council agenda.
Comments are now closed for this post.