Join Us at the International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health in Cleveland
January 18, 2024
I hope to see you at the in-person 2024 International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health (ICIMH) in Cleveland, Ohio, from April 9 through April 13, 2024. As a member of the program committee for the Congress, I can tell you that we have a wonderful agenda planned, with an emphasis on one of the major challenges for our field—moving integrative health care strategies into mainstream care.
ICIMH, which is convened by the Academic Consortium for Integrative Medicine and Health, brings together leading figures from different fields to showcase recent scientific advancements in integrative medicine and health. It provides great opportunities for cross-disciplinary networking, along with an extensive schedule of presentations on original research, educational innovations, clinical delivery models, and policy challenges. Be sure to register by March 8, 2024, to avoid late fees.
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) will lead a variety of sessions at ICIMH, including topics important to researchers at different stages of their careers:
Thursday, April 11
- New Strategies and Methodologies for Whole Person Research
- How Advancing the Science of Emotional Well-Being Can Improve Whole Person Health
- Innovation in Research Training and Capacity Building at Complementary and Integrative Health Institutions: The RAND Research Across Complementary and Integrative Health (REACH) Center
- Meet People Where They Are: Leveraging Technology in Trials With Digital Interventions To Optimize Study Success and Avoid Widening the Digital Divide
- National Institutes of Health Open Access Repositories: How Can They Be Leveraged To Advance Whole Person Health Research?
Friday, April 12
- Enhancing Diverse Perspectives in Complementary and Integrative Health Research: Engaging Communities and Building the Research Workforce
Saturday, April 13
- In the Congress’s closing plenary session, Dr. Alex H. Krist of Virginia Commonwealth University and NCCIH Director Dr. Helene M. Langevin will address the key topic of health systems transformation, drawing on Dr. Krist’s work in this area in the Veterans Health Administration health care system.
- Post-Congress Workshop: Orientation to Dissemination and Implementation Science for Complementary and Integrative Health and Whole Person Health
- Post-Congress Workshop: Navigating Early Career Stage Transitions and Finding Funding for Career Development in Complementary and Integrative Health Research
Comments are now closed for this post.