Requesting Comments on NCCIH’s Draft Strategic Plan
March 30, 2016
Over the past year, the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) has been working diligently to update our strategic plan. The new strategic plan will set the stage for NCCIH’s research priority setting over the next 5 years. We have carefully assessed developments in science, medicine, and health care and requested input from varied stakeholders, including researchers, health professional organizations, the public, and our advisory council. The thoughtful comments that we received during this development process were valuable and we appreciate your participation in this collaborative effort.
Today, we are posting a draft plan online for review. The draft plan includes three scientific and two cross-cutting objectives, as follows:
- Objective 1: Advance Fundamental Science and Methods Development
- Objective 2: Improve Care for Hard-to-Manage Symptoms
- Objective 3: Foster Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Objective 4: Enhance the Complementary and Integrative Health Research Workforce (cross-cutting)
- Objective 5: Disseminate Objective Evidence-based Information on Complementary and Integrative Health Interventions (cross-cutting)
In addition, the plan contains a section on the Center’s current scientific priorities. This section will be “living,” as it will be updated as necessary based on public health needs, scientific opportunities, research results, the Center’s grant portfolio, and budgetary considerations.
I hope you will review NCCIH’s draft strategic plan and provide us with your feedback through our online form or via email. Please submit your comments by April 15, 2016.
Comments are now closed for this post.