Updates on NCCIH Clinical Trials Among Talks To Be Streamed at Feb. 9 Advisory Council Meeting
January 19, 2018
On Friday, February 9, the National Advisory Council for Complementary and Integrative Health (NACCIH) will hold its second meeting of Fiscal Year 2018. NCCIH grantees, potential applicants, and others may find it useful to hear updates on the Center’s activities, policies, and funding priorities. We will provide a livestream of the meeting’s open session via NIH Videocast from 10:00 a.m. to 3:05 p.m. ET. Our agenda includes a panel focused on clinical trials featuring:
- “NIH Clinical Trials Policy,” by Michael Lauer, M.D., Deputy Director for Extramural Research, National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- “NCCIH Update on Clinical Trials Accrual Data,” by Catherine Meyers, M.D., Director of the NCCIH Office of Clinical and Regulatory Affairs.
- “NCCIH Funding Opportunity Announcements for Clinical Trials,” by Wendy Weber, N.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., Acting Deputy Director of NCCIH and Chief of the Clinical Research Branch.
Other presentations will include:
- “NCCIH Report,” David Shurtleff, Ph.D., Acting Director of NCCIH.
- “NCCIH Training Workshop,” Lanay Mudd, Ph.D., Program Director, Division of Extramural Research.
- “NCCIH Office of Communications Update - Metrics,” Catherine Law, MTSC, Acting Director, NCCIH Office of Communications.
- “Concept Clearance: Centers for Advancing Research on Botanical and Other Natural Products (CARBON) Program,” Craig Hopp, Ph.D., Deputy Director of the NCCIH Division of Extramural Research, and Barbara Sorkin, Ph.D., Director, Botanical Research Centers Program [a program co-funded with NCCIH], NIH Office of Dietary Supplements.
The NACCIH meets three times per year and is charged with advising, consulting with, and making recommendations to the Center Director on matters relating to NCCIH’s research activities and functions. In closed sessions, it provides secondary review of grant applications with respect to NCCIH research priorities and program balance.
We welcome you to attend the open session either in person here in Bethesda, Maryland or via NIH Videocast. You may also review past meeting minutes.
- View the February 9, 2018 Council agenda.
Comments are now closed for this post.