View resources from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) related to cannabis or cannabinoid research.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Drug Supply Program: Supplies cannabis plant material, some cannabis extracts, and purified cannabinoids for use in animal or human research studies.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Conducting Research with Cannabis and Hemp (NIDA)
- DEA: For information on becoming registered to conduct research on cannabis-related materials that are controlled under the Controlled Substances Act, see www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugreg/.
- DEA-Approved Bulk Cannabis Suppliers
- FDA: For information regarding conducting human research with cannabis under an Investigational New Drug (IND) Application, see www.fda.gov/drugs/types-applications/investigational-new-drug-ind-application and www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/fda-and-cannabis-research-and-drug-approval-process.